Welcome to Sweet Home Quilting!
Come explore our website or visit our shop located in Madison, Alabama!
Longarm Machine Rental Training Class (Hand Guided)
Would you like to make your quilt from start to finish including quilting it yourself? Well now you can!! This class will give you all of the training needed to get started quilting your own quilts.
Silver Shores Monthly Quiltworx Class
Silver Shores is a beautiful eight-pointed star radiating out to a 16 pointed star on a circular border. It is constructed using five distinct sections. The pattern is designed as a 68" square and can be enlarged to 99" using various queen extensions available. This is an advanced beginner class using paper piecing and taught using Quiltworx techniques. Previous Quiltworx experience is helpful, but not required.
Beginning Quilting from Start to Finish with Denise Reuter
This exciting class will start you at the very basics of quilting. You will learn how to purchase the right fabrics and tools, how to use a rotary cutter, a ruler, how to sew a 1/4" seam, piece a quilt top, and how to put on a border. Finally you will finish your quilt using your domestic machine, then bind and label your project. Denise loves teaching entry level classes and brings her joy to each and every class. She will pull out all kinds of tips and tricks to make this class worthwhile, even to a quilter with experience.
Posh Penelope Quilt Class with Elaine Poplin
Posh Penelope is a fun scrappy quilt that combines a love for curves with on point sashing and cornerstones! The perfect mix of modern and traditional elements that create a quilt that is timeless. If you've hesitated about sewing curves before, this is a great low-stress introduction. The Quick Curve Ruler is a very versatile ruler and there are lots of patterns that use it.
Who are we?
- We are… an INNOVA Longarm Sales, Service and Training Center located in Madison, Alabama. We specialize in INNOVA longarm quilting machines. We also offer a full range of service and training to assist you in getting the most out of your longarm and being the best quilter that you can be.
- We are… a Quilt Shop! We carry everything that you need to complete your beautiful creation including a wide variety of fabrics, 108" wide backs, Quilters Dream batting, thread, and an excellent selection of quilting notions. Come shop in our store in Madison, AL, or shop online! We offer shipping worldwide as well as curbside pick-up for local shoppers! A few things we specialize in:
- Cherrywood hand dyed fabrics! We are the only shop in Alabama to carry this beautiful fabric!
- Patterns by Australian designer Wendy Williams of Flying Fish Kits!
- Sue Spargo wool!
- Large selection of Kaffe Fassett Collective fabrics! We focus on modern fabrics from Moda, FreeSpirit, Art Gallery, Alexander Henry, M&S Textiles...we are adding fabrics weekly!
- We offer INNOVA Longarm training classes and machine rental! Come and get trained on our machines so that you can bring back your quilt tops and use our machines to quilt them yourself!
- We offer Edge-to-Edge quilting! For those who prefer to have their quilt tops quilted by us, we can do that as well! Bring us your quilt tops and we will work together to find the patterns, threads, batting and quilting style to best highlight your work and achieve your desired look to finish your quilt.
- We make T-Shirt Quilts! Bring us your old t-shirts and we will preserve those memories for years to come!!
- We offer Quilting Classes and Events! Our calendar is full of many wonderful events – quilt and wool classes, sew-alongs, longarm quilting classes, sit-and-sew sessions and so much more! Check out our Classes and Calendar for more details!